Welcome to the Home of the German Canadian Male Chorus of Calgary
Welcome to our website. Please use the menu in the box on the left to navigate around the site and to visit the various pages. The menu is divided into these groups:
Most of the links on the menu will open in the box that you are reading right now - that is, the box to the right of the menu. A few will open in a new window. Click on the button at the top of the menu to return to this page.
- Our Choir: The links under this heading will be primarily of interest to visitors, but I urge choir members to check them out as well. These links take you to pages that describe our choir, including a brief history of our choir (About Our Choir), how to join our choir, how to contact key members of our board, etc.
- Concert Information: There are 2 links under this heading, one taking you to a page that lists future concerts, and one that list our recent concerts.
- Listen to Us: There are 3 links under this heading. "A Bouquet of Songs" is a link to the songs on our 2004 CD. "Musical Potpourri" is a link to a a sample of our songs from around 2009. The "2014 Concert" link takes you to a selection of our best songs from our June 2, 2014 Concert at the Rosza Centre.
- Information for Members: The 4 links under this heading will be of interest promarily to choir members. The first link, "2017 Concert Tour", will provide information for choir members about our concert tour in England this coming fall. I suggest that members check this link from time to time to get the latest news on the tour. The "Practice Binder" link takes you to a page that lists all the songs that you should have in your practice binder - if you are not sure what music to bring to choir practice click on this link. The "Other Choirs" link takes you to a page that lists a number of the choirs that we have visited or that we have performed with, or who might be of special interest to choir members. Click on this link to find out more about the choirs that we will be performing with in England. Finally, there is a "Music Theory" page, which is a bit primitive, but it explains a few basic things, such as how to tell what key your music is written in, etc.
- Photos: There 3 links under this heading. Check them out for a blast from the past. If you have any photos that you would like to add please see Mark or one of the members of the board.
- General Interest: There are 2 links here to music that is freely available in the public domain, and a link that gives the time in Calgary, Frankfurt and Brisbane. (That's in Australia, not Austria)